Wednesday, July 14, 2010

aunt jenn came to visit!

this morning jarrod went to work around 8am .. which is always a little disappointing since it's not as easy in the early morning as it is later on throughout the day. i fed payton around 7am and sawyer woke me up around 9am for his morning bottle. payton fell back to sleep and sawyer didn't want to get back in his swing [that's where he sleeps lately .. rather that's the ONLY place he'll sleep lately] so i put him in the bed with payton and i. he fell right asleep! SCORE! both babies asleep and that means mommy can get a little more sleep since i didn't get much throughout the night. well .. being the paranoid person that i am .. i couldn't sleep with him just laying in the bed .. and he didn't want anything to do with his co-sleeper. so i just stayed awake until she woke up to eat at 11. i fed her and she fell back to sleep [bottles do wonders for her most of the time] so sawyer and i headed to the nursery to get changed and cleaned up for jenns visit.

i ate some lunch. a pizza and a chocolate muffin and woke payton up. i got her changed and all ready. it was almost 2 and the doorbell rang!

it was wonderful seeing jenn. it seems like forever since i've seen her. she got here right in time to help me feed sawyer and feed payton! both babies were hungry at the same time. [thanks jenn!!] she stayed until about 6:30pm and we had a wonderful time. we talked a lot and it was just so nice having her over.










a couple from yesterday.


the babies love having visitors over. i mean .. they get stuck with me for the most part and then they love when their daddy gets home.

it's amazing to me how many people care about payton and sawyer. it makes me so happy and thankful for those people. 50% of my blood family has not even asked about how they are doing .. or care anything about seeing them. i only have my dad, stepmom [ mom carolyn] , aunt rose and my cousin leigh who care about what's going on with them. my aunt and cousin came to see me in the hospital a couple of times even. it meant the world to me. they even found me apple juice [when i was at wake med still pregnant] when i was craving it down at the gift shop and bought me a couple. i can't wait for the babies to be able to meet them. so .. i don't really have much of my own family so it's nice that people that aren't related to me .. seem like they are related to me. i think i'm closer to some of the nurses and RTs that we met at the ICN than most of my family. it's just so unbelievably amazing to have them in my life. i don't know what i would do without them. it just means a lot to me. it especially means a lot that they want to be in my children's lives. there's no greater feeling knowing that people care about your children.

one of our favorite nurses that we met while at the ICN wrote this to me :


"Thanks Amanda, miss you guys, your new picture is precious and your blog about ICN made me cry. It's families like yours allowing us to share in every difficult moment, and every milestone that makes our job so special. Thank you for continuing to let us share in your experiences!!"

it got me all teary. i'm glad that jarrod and i were able to still keep it together, be nice, respectful to everyone and not lose who we are even through the hardest time in our lives.

i got a message from a mom that i met in the ICN. she had a son born exactly 25 weeks 2 days like me .. and he went home the same day sawyer did. her message was that they were back in the hospital because he had gotten pneumonia. it made me sad .. and also a little scared. i know that she is a germaphob like me .. so it's just worrisome. i need to call her tomorrow and check on him. i met a lot of nice moms while we were there.

the babies stayed awake 99% of the time while jenn was here .. so they slept well late this afternoon.

jarrod is going in a little later tomorrow morning. maybe i'll be able to catch up on some sleep then :D




No comments:

Post a Comment