Thursday, July 8, 2010

the beginning.



hi .. my name is amanda.

hold on. i have to warm up food for payton. i'll be back.

okay (: so back to our story .. i found out i was pregnant in late august '09. jarrod and i had been trying for about 3 years and finally decided to get some help to get us pregnant. we decided to go to carolina conceptions and met with dr. couchman and dr park. they are both WONDERFUL as is the nurses and staff are such a pleasure to see and be around. we miss them greatly. we did three rounds of clomid and one round of femara. one round worked but sadly i did not stay pregnant. we all decided that injectables would be the next road we'd travel down. i actually liked the injections much better and jarrod got the hang of shooting me in the tummy every night. we did 2 rounds of follistim and then i capped out my BCBS $5000 for what they would cover. since we would have to pay out of pocket now we all thought IVF would be the best choice. IVF is not cheap. jarrod and i would have to save up for a few months to do this. we decided to go ahead and do one more cycle of the injections and added menopur along with the follistim. [it helps thicken the lining .. something i had a problem with] and just pay out of pocket since that way it wasn't a large sum up front .. and BCBS was still covering my visits. anyways .. luckily .. this cycle was the cycle that brought us our payton and sawyer. we just had no idea what was ahead of us.

it was august when i found out i was pregnant. i was at work .. at jeffers, mann and artman .. and jarrod had driven to raleigh to have lunch with me. i was suppose to test 14 days after my trigger shot .. but i was waiting a few days just because i was terrified either way. if i was .. i was scared i would lose the pregnancy and if i wasn't .. well .. it would be months until we could save up. after jarrod dropped me back off after lunch i told him to go to the rite aid near work and just get me a test. i went back to work and he brought me the test and i headed off to the bathroom. i still hadn't made up my mind at this point if i was actually going to pee on the thing .. or if i just wanted it there with me. i decided that i would have to know eventually because i was due to get my blood drawn at CC to see what my hCg levels were. so i tinkled. when the first line shows up you are pretty much golden .. and my first line showed up. i started to get hot .. my second line showed up and i couldn't believe it. i cried because i was ecstatic and i cried because i was terrified i would lose it.


i got it together and went back to work. i called jarrod and just said 'yes' and his response i won't post because he threw in a couple exciting cuss words :D i had made my mind up that i wasn't going to tell ANYONE. well .. besides hannah. she was my supervisor at work and one of my very best friends. i had to tell her. she had just found out she was pregnant as well so it was absolutely amazing. we were only 7 days apart due date wise. it was perfect.


i went to CC for my hCg blood draw and it was very high. i knew what this ment before they told me. i went back two days later and it was DOUBLING like it was suppose to :D jarrod and i were still too scared to get excited. the third visit it was astonishingly high and the nurse told me that 'there might be more than one in there'. jarrod and i wanted to be excited but we were too scared still.

i went to CC on my 6th week [6 weeks 1 day] for my first ultrasound to confirm. there were two (: we made sure dr. park checked really, really well to make sure there weren't three or four hah.

photo.php.jpg


that was our first look at our twins. i'll never forget it. we were so happy. weeks went on and on. i got bigger and bigger (:


photo.php.jpg


this was the last picture i took while being pregnant. i had no idea it would be my last. i was just getting started ''/

i was at work and it was my late day .. i left around 6ish and was walking in the parking deck and felt a horrible pain. it was very tight and just took my breath for a second. i just thought it was from being so tired. i had never been pregnant .. so i didn't know what to expect. a couple days later i kept feeling my stomach get tighter and release. it was very uncomfortable and i was starting to get worried. i went to see dr. mckenzie at kamm mckenzie and i had dilated a fingertip. nothing we couldn't handle. he told me he would write an order for bed rest but i wanted to work. the next week it wouldn't stop and i was sent to wake med for dehydration. but it wasn't that. they hooked me up to the monitor and i was steadily having contractions. i wasn't feeling any of them. they put me on magnesium for 6 hours and .. if you've never gone through it .. i can't even begin to explain to you how it makes you feel. think of hell .. but 10 times worse probably. it was horrible. but i would do anything to stop the labor for my babies. thankfully it worked and i was released from the hospital. the next weekend i was back .. same thing .. mag again. i did however meet one of the best nurses that took care of me. her name is rebecca and i just loved her to pieces. she helped calm me down A LOT .. and i needed it. the mag worked and they sent me home with some medicine to take every time i feel a contraction. the only problem with those is that it lowers your blood pressure. i have extremely low BP to begin with so we had to be careful using them. they put me on bed rest and just bathroom privileges. rebecca told me not to come back. i promised her i wouldn't.

i was back the next weekend because i thought i was maybe leaking amniotic fluid. i wasn't .. but i had dilated 2cm and effaced 70%. so it's a good thing my paranoia sent us to wake. i had just bought me a ticket to being on bed rest at the hospital now.

i was there only eight days straight. i thought i had a few more weeks. i had prepared myself for spending weeks at the hospital with books, my laptop and my mom, dad, and mother in law even brought things to decorate my windows. i did have a sweet room (:

i started having contractions on a sunday night. they put me on magnesium again and i slept through it. dr. privette came in on rounds monday morning to check my cervix. i was dilated 8cm. it was time to go.

i was 25 weeks 2 days.






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady! Beautiful story... We're now at CC too..hope we will have our own little miracle(s) one day soon! Can't wait to read more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah!

    you will love everyone at CC. please keep me updated on things!! i'm thinking and praying for you guys!!!! you're going to be WONDERFUL parents!!!

    ReplyDelete